neděle 4. května 2014

TV Stand/Entertainment centre - staining the parts, assembly


It was some time I didn't post anything on my blog, since I had some other work to do around the house. And I've also sanded carved parts and there was nothing interesting on it to post.

There are several inserted panels in this cabinet to allow for wood movement. And now it is best time to stain them, because after assembly I won't be able to stain edges hidden in grooves. In case the pannel will shrink a little bit in the future, it could reveal unstained areas. So I'm staining them right now to prevent it.

Next pictures are showing panel stained and with base coat of sprayed lacquer. I used Renner water based dye and Cloucryl Farbloss lacquer. Frames will be stained after glue up.






Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat