středa 11. února 2015

Wall clock

I love period furniture and I also love old clocks. I was thinking about building some of them for quite a time. So I grabbed some scrap wood from previous project and inspired by Norm Abram video on Youtube I build simple wall clock.

I did not take pictures of complete build, I originaly even didn't think about posting this on the blog.

Material for the clock is mostly oak, except the back panel, which is pine plywood. Clock face is simply printed on my ink jet printer and glued to a piece of plywood. Clock works is cheap battery powered one.

For the finish I originaly planned to use dye and lacquer. But at the same time I spotted a thread on discussion forum "Cesta dřeva", where Petr presented his oak chairs that have been darkened with ammonia.  ( http://pekne-truhlarsvi.blogspot.cz/2015/01/dubove-zidle-s-patinou.html - the forum is in Czech language only ), So I build simple tent from sticks and polyethylene foil, bought a bottle of ammonia and gave it a try.
After 24 hours in ammonia fumes the result wasn't too convincing, the colour was dark, but with the shade of grey....but after I applied mix of linseed and tung oil, it turned much better. I absolutely love the way it turned out. I wanted to hang them in my shop, but I was convinced to place them in the kitchen :-)






Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat