úterý 9. února 2016

Pastry board

My wife makes decorated gingerbreads (see her web http://pernicky-fiivi.webnode.cz/ ). And she asked me to make new pastry board for her. These boards are usually made from basswood but I've decided to use beech wood instead.

Some pictures of my wife's gingerbreads.




Making a pastry board is not complicated. Final dimensions are 55x60cm and main part is edge jointed pane. There are also breadboards on both sides, fixed with dowels. Front and back edge boards are screwed and holes are plugged.


I've personalized the board a little bit with inlay and wood burning. She's using violet flower as her "brand", so I made one from plumb veneer. You can see more in Youtube video. 


And here is a picture of finished board with some gingerbreads and rolling pin I've also made. That rolling pin enables my wife to make dough flat and exactly the thickness she needs.


Link to Youtube video.




Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat