neděle 24. srpna 2014

Writing desk for a school kid - completed project


Writing desk for my son is completed and here are some pictures.

Just a few words about finishing. All parts are sanded up to 180 grit. Some imperfections like holes, checks etc. are filled with tinted epoxy, scraped and sanded flush.

Then I applied waterbased dye made by Renner. I aplied two coats of this dye using a sponge and let it dry  for final coat of lacquer. This was also made by Renner since I have local dealer close to my home and their products are pretty good. So I've chosen 2K acrylic lacquer (or varnish? - I never know how to distinguish between these two English words :-) ), because it gives nice and very durable finish. 

The lacquer is applied by spray gun in two coats with a gentle sanding between them. 









Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat