středa 23. července 2014

Writing desk for a school kid


I ended my last post in the moment when I was assembling the drawers, now I'll continue by fitting the to the opennings so they can slide easily, but without too much play. I also trimmed the fronts so the gap around them is uniform.



There will be a panel on each side of the table, which can be pulled out and should serve as a table extension. User can put some stuff on them or simply lay his forearm for better comfort. I started making them by gluing boards to desired width and planed everything to thickness of 20mm. At the ends I attached breadboards to stiffen them and also to cover the endgrain.

I made mortises in breadboard on router table using 8mm bit, running the board from both sides to stay at the center. Unfortunately I didn't have camera at hand at this point, so no pictures of the setup.

Tenons are rough cut on table saw and mitter gauge. Final fitting of the tenons is achieved by using rabbet plane.






Fixing the breadboards with pegs and just a few drops of glue in the middle. Again, this should allow the joint to expand and contract.


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat